Let’s face it, your microwave is probably one of the most used appliances in your kitchen, and you probably are lost without it. And your microwave is a workhorse, with all the heating, re-heating, melting, and popping. With all the exploding mess, your microwave can become less efficient.
So it really makes sense to keep your microwave clean - and here’s the easiest way to do it:
- Start with a little prevention – if you cover what you are heating, you will go a long way preventing the spills and splats that cover the inside.
- Wipe your microwave clean everyday – making this part of your everyday cleaning routine will remove the spatters before they get a chance to harden. Using a soft cloth, sponge or paper towel, wipe down the sides, tray and ceiling.
- Remove stubborn stains with steam – heat a microwave safe cup of water on high for 2-3 minutes and let it sit. After a few minutes, safely remove the cup and tray, and you will find that by just wiping with a soft cloth, you will easily remove those stubborn hard to remove stains.
- Keep your microwave odor free – by adding half a fresh lemon in a cup of water and heating for a few minutes, you will keep your microwave fresh and odor free. You can dispose the lemon in your garburator to keep it fresh as well.
- And finally – run your turntable in the dishwasher. Use a damp cloth to clean the rubber gaskets, door and outside of the microwave. If there is a lot of grease on the microwave, use a 50-50 water and vinegar solution or glass cleaner. If you vacuum the vents, your microwave will appreciate it!
If you are contemplating buying or selling a home, get in touch with us for some useful advice. We can guide you within your budget and lifestyle. Call us on 604 913 1000, contact us or follow us on Facebook.